Buy My Cards at Fifty Home
Rent One of My Art Prints at TurningArt.com
Art (Me) & Music (Petridisch, Dave Seidel, Triangle Theory) @ Lilypad, October 8!
This Week's Art News: Album Cover, Art/Music Show in Oct., New Pieces Up for Sale, and More
Lots of news!
- I am BEYOND excited to be included in Petridisch’s and the Triangle Theory’s upcoming show on October 8 at the Lilypad in Somerville! PLEASE COME! There will be an art reception before the live music, and I'll be showing the painting that Cody Maillet is using for his Triangle Theory release. The Facebook event link is here. Can't wait for this!
- The album cover painting is finished! See the photo above and the ones below for detail shots of it.
- Horsehead and Speed of Light (below), both pieces from the Dying Star series, are now available for purchase online. Click here to view Horsehead and here to view Speed of Light. Bloodlines, a departure from Dying Star, is also available here.
- My collage card class has been rescheduled for September 14 at 2 p.m. Sign up online at Artistic Roots' page!
Thanks for looking!
NEW: Watercolors and Gouaches Up for Sale
Shockboxx Reception Featuring "Violaine" Next Saturday
Lots of News! New Exhibition, New Pieces, PayPal Buttons, and More!
Art Reception This Thursday, Plus Sales and New Pieces
I recently finished two new pieces: one titled Heartbreaker (above), which is part of the Dying Star series, and the other titled The Haze of July Flowers. Enjoy!
Also, the reception for the art exhibition I'm participating in through August 31 in Amherst, MA, is this coming Thursday, August 1. Click here to view the info.
Also, I recently sold two pieces: Poppies, part of the Dying Star series, which you can see hanging in its new owner's home below; and Albumin, which is currently hanging at Gallery A3 in Amherst, MA.
Carry on with summer!
New Piece: Nebulous
I just finished this new piece, and it's already spoken for!
Information: Title: Nebulous; size: 16" x 20"; media: acrylic paint, acrylic ink, spray paint, watercolor, gouache, eyeshadow, pastels, colored pencils, and thread
Artistic Roots, NEW: Teaching Class on Collage, & Link to Gallery A3 Art Reception
- I will be exhibiting as a full-time member of the artists' coop Artistic Roots in Plymouth, NH, as of August 1! I am thrilled about this opportunity, especially as I may actually get to teach some classes (most likely on the topic of collage). This is really a dream come true for me, and it should also hopefully open the door there to more abstract artists.
- I am teaching a class on collage at Artistic Roots on Friday, August 16, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. For more details and/or to sign up, click here.
- The reception for the exhibition titled Sky Bowl at Gallery A3 that I'll be participating in through August is Thursday, August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (click here for the Facebook event and to RSVP). The gallery is located in Amherst, MA. Please stop by if you are in the area! And if you aren't available that night, my painting Albumin (above) will be hanging in the show there through August.
Art News! (New Pieces, Wellness Exhibition Photos, Et Al.)
It's been a very busy and fruitful couple of months for me! Long paragraphs make me tired, so here are the bullet points:
- My exhibition titled Awakening is still up at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, and has been extended through early October. Stop if you're in the area! Click here to see some photos of the works hanging in the exhibition.
- My piece Albumin was chosen for Gallery A3's 6th annual juried show, this year titled "Sky Bowl." It will be hanging along with the other artists' works from August 1 to 31. Gallery A3 is in Amherst, MA. The reception will be held on August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (link to the show is here).
- I will be showing a solo exhibition titled Awaken (notice a theme here?) at 42 Maple Contemporary Art Center in Bethlehem, NH, in May 2020! More details on that to come.
- Last but not least, I have been painting up a storm! The piece above, titled Violaine, is part of a new series that I am working on. I have already sold two out of the pieces I've created thus far from the series. I hope to exhibit it somewhere this fall or winter. I also continue to create smaller pieces made from small canvases and card stock. Visit my Etsy site to view/buy.
Thanks for reading, and more news soon!
Exhibition Now Up at Wellness at Villageworks; plus, New Painting
At the beginning of June, I hung an exhibition at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, titled Awakening. It will be up through August, so stop by if you're in the area!
Also, I just finished and framed a new piece, titled Opus. This painting has already been snatched up by an eager buyer, but I will be making prints, so let me know if you're interested.
New Paintings from April and May 2019
I finished two new pieces in the last couple of months: Feast (above) and Golden (below). Both are for sale on Etsy. Enjoy!