"Reverence," Show at Winston Gallery in New Bedford, MA, Opening Nov. 12, 2022
Solo Show at Winston Gallery (MA) 3/1-3/31, with Reception 3/19, 5-9 p.m.
This is an exciting month for me: It's the month of the solo show of my series titled Contentment, happening at Winston Gallery in New Bedford, MA! The paintings went up on 2/27 and will be hanging through 3/31. The reception will be held 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, 3/19; the event is free! The gallery is within the Kilburn Mill in New Bedford, at 127 W Rodney French Blvd., and is generally open Monday-Friday, 6-9 p.m. The Contentment series features mostly new work, except for one or two older pieces, and the paintings and exhibition description will be posted on my website after 3/31 (see preview photo below!).
If you'd like to RSVP to the reception (which I highly encourage!), you can visit the Facebook event page and RSVP there. Please forward to anyone who might be interested.
Open Studio Event, Sun., Jan. 30, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
2022 Calendar Sold Out!
My 2022 calendars have sold out! Thanks to all those who ordered one. Enjoy!
"Summer Haze" Show and Reception a Success!
A big thank you to the artists who were able to attend the Summer Haze reception, and thanks so much as well to all who made it to the event! So many people, many blasts from the past, and some painting and small works sales - it was a great night.
"Summer Haze" In-Person Reception to Be Held 8/13, 7-8:30 p.m., with FREE Art for All Attendees
Pictured: Josei Natsu Kimono (Lady's Summer Kimono), Kathy Bouchard
The reception for the Summer Haze group art exhibition will be held in person, AND every attendee will get a FREE small mystery piece of art in a gift bag! The event is happening Friday, August 13, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the studio (4 Park St., Suite 216 [second floor], Concord, NH 03301). Most of the artists will be attending, and all are welcome to join us. The reception is free, and light refreshments will be served. The Facebook event is here; I encourage you to RSVP if you're interested in attending. The exhibition will be hanging from August 6, 2021, to September 3, 2021. If you can't make the reception but want to see the show, please email me through my contact page to schedule a time.
Looking forward to the show!
"Violet Current" in its New Home!
I love seeing my pieces in their new homes!
Thanks to Michael for sending me photos of Violet Current, which he bought recently.
New 2021 Pieces!
It's been a very busy year so far, what with my new copy editing business up and running full-time and my imminent condo closing (Friday!), but I finally finished a couple of new pieces and framed an older, much loved piece. You can see details at the links! Composition I is ready for purchase; I will have the purchase links for Lilac Season and Ash Wednesday soon.
First Group Art Exhibition: August 6-September 3, 2021
New Small Works!
I've added some brand-new small works to the Small Works and Prints section of my site! More coming soon. Enjoy!
2021 Calendars Now for Sale
2021 calendars featuring my art are now for sale! They are $25 each with shipping included. You can PayPal me at jesskbarnett at gmail dot com, Venmo me at @Jess-Barnett-2, or email me directly (jesskbarnett at gmail dot com) to get my address to send a check for the amount there. Please include your name and mailing address. Or to purchase one online, click here.
"Full Bleed" in Dallas Metro Arts Contemporary Exhibition
Exhibition Up at West Acton Villageworks through 1/22/2021
Studio Open Saturday, 10/17
2020 Calendars Still Available!
I created a calendar featuring 12 of my works (six pictured here; there are six more) as a Christmas gift, and people liked it... so I'm now offering it for sale online! These are in limited stock, so buy soon. The link to purchase is here.
New Piece in Time for Valentine's Day!
I never said I wasn't sentimental ... Check out my latest piece, which I created based around learning a new word: sidereal. The piece incorporates various media and a dictionary page clipping that defines the word. The painting features a heart created with acrylic ink and many layers of spray paint, pastels, colored pencils, and eyeshadow.
And just FYI:
- of or with respect to the distant stars (i.e. the constellations or fixed stars, not the sun or planets).
Two Upcoming Group Exhibitions
Two of my paintings will be in upcoming exhibitions! My piece Ô Saisons, Ô Châteaux will be hanging in the MIXMASTER @ the Matt show at the Mattatuck Museum from January 12 to February 23; additionally, Horsehead will be hanging in the Energy exhibition at ArtSpace Maynard from January 15 through February 21. The Mattatuck reception will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, and the ArtSpace reception will be Saturday, January 18, from 5 to 7 p.m. If you're in the area, please come!
Reminder: Studio-Warming/Opening Reception THIS coming Saturday!
New Series: Ocean Study
I've begun a new ink series! It's titled Ocean Study. You can see more about the series here.
More from the "Still Winter" Series Up for Sale
Pieces #3 and #4 from my Still Winter series are now for sale (the first two sold out quickly)! Buy one of them at $65 or both at $120. Shipping is FREE. Go here for more info.
Studio-Warming/Holiday Party - You're Invited!
Painting for Sale Through Laconia, NH, Children's Auction!
My painting Fall Prairie will be for sale during the 38th annual Children's Auction in Laconia, NH, from December 3 to 7! The auction's mission is as follows: "Our mission is to engage the community to financially support children in need with a vision to ensure that every child is empowered to succeed and positively impact a thriving Greater Lakes Region community."
New Painting with Detail Shots: Northern Lights
This one came together pretty easily, and unlike with a lot of my paintings, I knew the title before the piece was even done! Enjoy. Click the link here to learn more.
New Ink Pieces for Sale
My Still Winter #1 and #2 series is now for sale! Buy one of them at $60 or both at $110. Shipping is $5. Go here for more info.
"The Emperor's Dream" Is Now Available!
The Emperor's Dream is now available! I agonized over where to go next many times with this piece... If you're interested, click on over here. Frame coming soon.
New Painting: "Ô Saisons, Ô Châteaux" - UPDATED: SOLD
This one took me a while, and I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. This piece was inspired by the Arthur Rimbaud poem of the same name. The French words I used within the piece translate to:
Size: 18" x 24"; Media: spray paint, acrylic ink, pastels, eyeshadow, watercolor, and colored pencils. Part of the Dying Star series.
Update: This piece has been sold!
Artwork Now Featured at HOME by Stamm & Black
Exciting news: Six of my pieces are now hanging at HOME by Stamm & Black, an interior design and retail store on Massachusetts Ave in Acton, MA. If you’re interested in purchasing one of these works, stop in at the store or contact them here. This is a very exciting new adventure for me, and I’m thrilled for this opportunity!
In other news, I've been painting like crazy ... as usual! Please check them out here. Enjoy!
Finally, starting in November, I will be helping teach an art class at Belknap County Sheriffs' Department (the county jail) with Kathryn Field. This is something I've dreamed of doing for quite a while, and it's sure to be quite the adventure. At the end of the program in August 2020, there will be an art show of works created by prisoners during the program as well as works by Kathryn and me. More details about the program to come!
Acrylic and Pokeberry Ink Pieces for Sale
Buy My Cards at Fifty Home
Art (Me) & Music (Petridisch, Dave Seidel, Triangle Theory) @ Lilypad, October 8!
This Week's Art News: Album Cover, Art/Music Show in Oct., New Pieces Up for Sale, and More
Lots of news!
- I am BEYOND excited to be included in Petridisch’s and the Triangle Theory’s upcoming show on October 8 at the Lilypad in Somerville! PLEASE COME! There will be an art reception before the live music, and I'll be showing the painting that Cody Maillet is using for his Triangle Theory release. The Facebook event link is here. Can't wait for this!
- The album cover painting is finished! See the photo above and the ones below for detail shots of it.
- Horsehead and Speed of Light (below), both pieces from the Dying Star series, are now available for purchase online. Click here to view Horsehead and here to view Speed of Light. Bloodlines, a departure from Dying Star, is also available here.
- My collage card class has been rescheduled for September 14 at 2 p.m. Sign up online at Artistic Roots' page!
Thanks for looking!
Shockboxx Reception Featuring "Violaine" Next Saturday
Lots of News! New Exhibition, New Pieces, PayPal Buttons, and More!
Art Reception This Thursday, Plus Sales and New Pieces
I recently finished two new pieces: one titled Heartbreaker (above), which is part of the Dying Star series, and the other titled The Haze of July Flowers. Enjoy!
Also, the reception for the art exhibition I'm participating in through August 31 in Amherst, MA, is this coming Thursday, August 1. Click here to view the info.
Also, I recently sold two pieces: Poppies, part of the Dying Star series, which you can see hanging in its new owner's home below; and Albumin, which is currently hanging at Gallery A3 in Amherst, MA.
Carry on with summer!
New Piece: Nebulous
I just finished this new piece, and it's already spoken for!
Information: Title: Nebulous; size: 16" x 20"; media: acrylic paint, acrylic ink, spray paint, watercolor, gouache, eyeshadow, pastels, colored pencils, and thread
Artistic Roots, NEW: Teaching Class on Collage, & Link to Gallery A3 Art Reception
- I will be exhibiting as a full-time member of the artists' coop Artistic Roots in Plymouth, NH, as of August 1! I am thrilled about this opportunity, especially as I may actually get to teach some classes (most likely on the topic of collage). This is really a dream come true for me, and it should also hopefully open the door there to more abstract artists.
- I am teaching a class on collage at Artistic Roots on Friday, August 16, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. For more details and/or to sign up, click here.
- The reception for the exhibition titled Sky Bowl at Gallery A3 that I'll be participating in through August is Thursday, August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (click here for the Facebook event and to RSVP). The gallery is located in Amherst, MA. Please stop by if you are in the area! And if you aren't available that night, my painting Albumin (above) will be hanging in the show there through August.
Art News! (New Pieces, Wellness Exhibition Photos, Et Al.)
It's been a very busy and fruitful couple of months for me! Long paragraphs make me tired, so here are the bullet points:
- My exhibition titled Awakening is still up at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, and has been extended through early October. Stop if you're in the area! Click here to see some photos of the works hanging in the exhibition.
- My piece Albumin was chosen for Gallery A3's 6th annual juried show, this year titled "Sky Bowl." It will be hanging along with the other artists' works from August 1 to 31. Gallery A3 is in Amherst, MA. The reception will be held on August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (link to the show is here).
- I will be showing a solo exhibition titled Awaken (notice a theme here?) at 42 Maple Contemporary Art Center in Bethlehem, NH, in May 2020! More details on that to come.
- Last but not least, I have been painting up a storm! The piece above, titled Violaine, is part of a new series that I am working on. I have already sold two out of the pieces I've created thus far from the series. I hope to exhibit it somewhere this fall or winter. I also continue to create smaller pieces made from small canvases and card stock. Visit my Etsy site to view/buy.
Thanks for reading, and more news soon!