Studio Closed Jan. 24-26
Calendars and Coasters Now on Sale at HOME by Stamm & Black
2020 Calendars Still Available!
I created a calendar featuring 12 of my works (six pictured here; there are six more) as a Christmas gift, and people liked it... so I'm now offering it for sale online! These are in limited stock, so buy soon. The link to purchase is here.
New Piece in Time for Valentine's Day!
I never said I wasn't sentimental ... Check out my latest piece, which I created based around learning a new word: sidereal. The piece incorporates various media and a dictionary page clipping that defines the word. The painting features a heart created with acrylic ink and many layers of spray paint, pastels, colored pencils, and eyeshadow.
And just FYI:
- of or with respect to the distant stars (i.e. the constellations or fixed stars, not the sun or planets).
Two New Ink Works: Singular I and II
Two Upcoming Group Exhibitions
Two of my paintings will be in upcoming exhibitions! My piece Ô Saisons, Ô Châteaux will be hanging in the MIXMASTER @ the Matt show at the Mattatuck Museum from January 12 to February 23; additionally, Horsehead will be hanging in the Energy exhibition at ArtSpace Maynard from January 15 through February 21. The Mattatuck reception will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, and the ArtSpace reception will be Saturday, January 18, from 5 to 7 p.m. If you're in the area, please come!
Reminder: Studio-Warming/Opening Reception THIS coming Saturday!
New Series: Ocean Study
I've begun a new ink series! It's titled Ocean Study. You can see more about the series here.
More from the "Still Winter" Series Up for Sale
Pieces #3 and #4 from my Still Winter series are now for sale (the first two sold out quickly)! Buy one of them at $65 or both at $120. Shipping is FREE. Go here for more info.
Studio-Warming/Holiday Party - You're Invited!
Painting for Sale Through Laconia, NH, Children's Auction!
My painting Fall Prairie will be for sale during the 38th annual Children's Auction in Laconia, NH, from December 3 to 7! The auction's mission is as follows: "Our mission is to engage the community to financially support children in need with a vision to ensure that every child is empowered to succeed and positively impact a thriving Greater Lakes Region community."
I'm Back on Patreon!
New Painting with Detail Shots: Northern Lights
This one came together pretty easily, and unlike with a lot of my paintings, I knew the title before the piece was even done! Enjoy. Click the link here to learn more.
New Ink Pieces for Sale
My Still Winter #1 and #2 series is now for sale! Buy one of them at $60 or both at $110. Shipping is $5. Go here for more info.
"The Emperor's Dream" Is Now Available!
The Emperor's Dream is now available! I agonized over where to go next many times with this piece... If you're interested, click on over here. Frame coming soon.
"Thanks to Lisa Frank" Is Now on Sale
My piece Thanks to Lisa Frank, part of the Dying Star series, is currently on SALE as it fell off the wall and there was some damage to the frame (the painting itself is fine - the frame is just cracked). Before I get a new frame for it, you can now get this piece for a significant amount off the purchase price; if you're interested, head over here.
Photos below show the overall piece as well as the damage to the frame.
New Painting: "Ô Saisons, Ô Châteaux" - UPDATED: SOLD
This one took me a while, and I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. This piece was inspired by the Arthur Rimbaud poem of the same name. The French words I used within the piece translate to:
Size: 18" x 24"; Media: spray paint, acrylic ink, pastels, eyeshadow, watercolor, and colored pencils. Part of the Dying Star series.
Update: This piece has been sold!
Artwork Now Featured at HOME by Stamm & Black
Exciting news: Six of my pieces are now hanging at HOME by Stamm & Black, an interior design and retail store on Massachusetts Ave in Acton, MA. If you’re interested in purchasing one of these works, stop in at the store or contact them here. This is a very exciting new adventure for me, and I’m thrilled for this opportunity!
In other news, I've been painting like crazy ... as usual! Please check them out here. Enjoy!
Finally, starting in November, I will be helping teach an art class at Belknap County Sheriffs' Department (the county jail) with Kathryn Field. This is something I've dreamed of doing for quite a while, and it's sure to be quite the adventure. At the end of the program in August 2020, there will be an art show of works created by prisoners during the program as well as works by Kathryn and me. More details about the program to come!
Rent One of My Art Prints at TurningArt.com
Did you know there's a way to "rent" art? Just as Netflix used to send out DVDs, TurningArt mails out art prints that you can rent for a month or for however long you want! Please check out my page on the site!
Acrylic and Pokeberry Ink Pieces for Sale
Buy My Cards at Fifty Home
Art (Me) & Music (Petridisch, Dave Seidel, Triangle Theory) @ Lilypad, October 8!
This Week's Art News: Album Cover, Art/Music Show in Oct., New Pieces Up for Sale, and More
Lots of news!
- I am BEYOND excited to be included in Petridisch’s and the Triangle Theory’s upcoming show on October 8 at the Lilypad in Somerville! PLEASE COME! There will be an art reception before the live music, and I'll be showing the painting that Cody Maillet is using for his Triangle Theory release. The Facebook event link is here. Can't wait for this!
- The album cover painting is finished! See the photo above and the ones below for detail shots of it.
- Horsehead and Speed of Light (below), both pieces from the Dying Star series, are now available for purchase online. Click here to view Horsehead and here to view Speed of Light. Bloodlines, a departure from Dying Star, is also available here.
- My collage card class has been rescheduled for September 14 at 2 p.m. Sign up online at Artistic Roots' page!
Thanks for looking!
Shockboxx Reception Featuring "Violaine" Next Saturday
Lots of News! New Exhibition, New Pieces, PayPal Buttons, and More!
Art Reception This Thursday, Plus Sales and New Pieces
I recently finished two new pieces: one titled Heartbreaker (above), which is part of the Dying Star series, and the other titled The Haze of July Flowers. Enjoy!
Also, the reception for the art exhibition I'm participating in through August 31 in Amherst, MA, is this coming Thursday, August 1. Click here to view the info.
Also, I recently sold two pieces: Poppies, part of the Dying Star series, which you can see hanging in its new owner's home below; and Albumin, which is currently hanging at Gallery A3 in Amherst, MA.
Carry on with summer!
New Piece: Nebulous
I just finished this new piece, and it's already spoken for!
Information: Title: Nebulous; size: 16" x 20"; media: acrylic paint, acrylic ink, spray paint, watercolor, gouache, eyeshadow, pastels, colored pencils, and thread
Artistic Roots, NEW: Teaching Class on Collage, & Link to Gallery A3 Art Reception
- I will be exhibiting as a full-time member of the artists' coop Artistic Roots in Plymouth, NH, as of August 1! I am thrilled about this opportunity, especially as I may actually get to teach some classes (most likely on the topic of collage). This is really a dream come true for me, and it should also hopefully open the door there to more abstract artists.
- I am teaching a class on collage at Artistic Roots on Friday, August 16, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. For more details and/or to sign up, click here.
- The reception for the exhibition titled Sky Bowl at Gallery A3 that I'll be participating in through August is Thursday, August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (click here for the Facebook event and to RSVP). The gallery is located in Amherst, MA. Please stop by if you are in the area! And if you aren't available that night, my painting Albumin (above) will be hanging in the show there through August.
Art News! (New Pieces, Wellness Exhibition Photos, Et Al.)
It's been a very busy and fruitful couple of months for me! Long paragraphs make me tired, so here are the bullet points:
- My exhibition titled Awakening is still up at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, and has been extended through early October. Stop if you're in the area! Click here to see some photos of the works hanging in the exhibition.
- My piece Albumin was chosen for Gallery A3's 6th annual juried show, this year titled "Sky Bowl." It will be hanging along with the other artists' works from August 1 to 31. Gallery A3 is in Amherst, MA. The reception will be held on August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (link to the show is here).
- I will be showing a solo exhibition titled Awaken (notice a theme here?) at 42 Maple Contemporary Art Center in Bethlehem, NH, in May 2020! More details on that to come.
- Last but not least, I have been painting up a storm! The piece above, titled Violaine, is part of a new series that I am working on. I have already sold two out of the pieces I've created thus far from the series. I hope to exhibit it somewhere this fall or winter. I also continue to create smaller pieces made from small canvases and card stock. Visit my Etsy site to view/buy.
Thanks for reading, and more news soon!